I haven’t been updating this blog for a whole year now. The main reason is that I moved house and the familiar stresses that came with it meant I put updating my print progress right at the bottom of the list. I’m a bit settled now and have found an amazing new studio (Leicester Print Workshop) for all my experiments. I learnt last year that it’s sometimes a lot easier to print onto smallers sections of fabric, rather than try to cover large areas. I printed this design below onto pre-cut fabric, about A3 size. This made the whole process a lot cleaner and i was able to align my colours quite easily. I was so pleased with this design and it remains one of my favourites.
Later on last year I decided to use my new method of printing smaller areas but including overlayed prints. i’m totally obsessed with overlaying colours but find it really difficult to prep. i’m never sure how it’s going to come out. Below is a test in overlying colours. i have to be honest, i wasn’t so happy with this one. I think I should’ve simplified the design and I love small areas of it. The whole pattern together though is a bit too busy for what i’m aiming for. I was also REALLY hard to align properly.