Three Colour Success


The last attempt at a 2 colour print proved to be quite a drama as I didn’t pre-wash the fabric. This meant that when I came to the second print the whole design had shrunk by 0.5cm causing all manner of problems and swear words. The problem with teaching yourself a technique is you only ever learn by mistakes. Everything I do at the moment is an experiment and i’m still trying to work out what direction to take my designs, i’m exploring different styles at moment and hopefully I’ll make a decision soon. In the meantime i’m having fun exploring and learning.

I decided to start from scratch with a new design and a slightly new printing technique, scanning paper shapes I’d cut out with some weird, photocopied textures from my Uni days. I really miss the aesthetic effects of photocopying images. It’s still a dream of mine to own one.

I pre- washed the fabric this time and cut the fabric lengths slightly shorter. I’m thrilled to say it was a great success. In fact, I nearly shed a tear when the third colour went down; it’s the best feeling when everything works, especially when you’ve spent so long preparing. It’s hard to explain how wonderful it feels to put a design onto fabric.

I’m now in the process of making them into cushions.

20151128_101944     20151128_132346 20151128_144457 20151128_144515 20151128_144522  20151128_145243

20151128_145208 20151213_121822

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *